Life's Journey

A blog about health, nutrition, fitness, personal development, spirituality, and other random things!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Detox diet day 1 and 2

In my previous entry, I mentioned that I started a detox diet yesterday. I have really enjoyed the food, though I have to take it easy on the nuts - they taste so good! I am taking a good multi vitamin and mineral supplement also, to make sure that my body gets all the nutrients it needs. I had a challenge today when I met my friend for (her) lunch at Pizza Hut. I have to admit, the pizza looked so good. I had to order a salad (without dressing) so that I did not feel so deprived! I also had mineral water, where often I would of had diet coke.

This is what I have eaten so far:


Day 1 (7 November, 2006)

  • Breakfast. fruit salad: 1 apple, 1 pear and 2 clementines
  • Afternoon snack: 100g natural unsalted cashew nuts (633 calories!)
  • Lunch: 1 slice of german rye bread with tahini and sliced cucumber
  • Dinner: large pot of vegetable soup with brocoli, carrot, onion, sweet potato, peas, celery, mixed herbs and a pinch of Greek saffron.
  • Drinks: 6 glasses of water, 2 herb teas

Day 2 (8 November, 2006)

  • Breakfast: 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 clementine, and 2 heaped tablespoons of mixed nuts (12 nuts)
  • lunch: 2 slices of German rye bread topped with tahini dip (tahini with lemon juice and water) and sliced cucumber
  • Afternoon snack: mixed salad
  • Evening snack: 5 mixed nuts (wanted more but stopped myself!).
  • Dinner (tonight!): brown rice with lightly boiled vegetables with herbs (red pepper, courgette, onion, carrot, peas and lentils)
  • Drinks: so far 5 glasses of water and 1 white tea, I will drink a few more glasses of water.

When I got up this morning, I weighed myself. I weiged 2 pounds less than I did the previous morning. I am wondering if this change may be due to the diuretic affect of some of the vegetables I had eaten!? it certainly is not fat, not at this stage. Also, your weight tends to fluctuate day to day, though not usually by that much!

I am feeling calmer in myself. This may also be to do with me making time for myself yesterday. I took time to sit down and read my detox diet books that I got from the library, with a Rose quartz lamp on and a lavender candle burning in the background; both are good for relaxation.

Rose quartz lamp. Source: http://www.fengshuifusion.com/index.php

I had a nice relaxing bath with oats in it, which is supposed to be good for the skin - my skin felt so soft after!

I have got rid of quite a lot of things that I have kept for years in my bedroom, such as tapes and clothes that I will never wear again! So, my room has had a little detox as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home