Life's Journey

A blog about health, nutrition, fitness, personal development, spirituality, and other random things!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Detox diet day 3-6

Over the past week I have really enjoyed creating (and tasting) new recipes for my detox diet! My favourites so far are stuffed peppers, which were just delicious, rice with vegetables and lentils, butter bean salad, and the homemade muesli - yum! All week I have been having food cravings, especially for cheese, feta cheese, eggs and olives. I have done well to not give in to these cravings (it took lots of will power to not grab some cheese from the fridge). I slipped once this week when I was at Nandos meeting a friend for lunch. I chose the Mediterranean salad, which had feta cheese and olives, and spicy rice. And yes, I really enjoyed eating the feta cheese and olives!

This is what I have eaten in the last few days:

Day 3

Breakfast: 1 pear, 1 apple, 1 Clementine, 2 tablespoons of mixed nuts

Lunch: 2 slices of rye bread with tahini and sliced cucumber

Dinner: stuffed peppers: 3 red pepper tops, filled with: brown basmati rice, brown lentils, onion, lemon juice, mixed herbs.

Day 4

Breakfast: half a cup of oats, boiled, with 2 teaspoons of honey

Lunch: brown basmati rice with turmeric, and vegetables with lemon and herbs

Dinner: butter bean salad

Day 5

Breakfast: 1 pear, 1 apple, and a handful of mixed nuts

Lunch: Mediterranean salad (feta and olives) with spiced rice and glass of orange juice (Nandos)

Dinner: Rice noodles with mixed vegetables (tenderstem broccoli, mini sweet corns, mange tout, french beans, onions, mixed herbs, fresh coriander, lemon and black pepper)

Night time snack: 2 rice breads with tahini and cucumber and a bowl of raisins (I went a bit over the top here whilst watching the big movie on TV, oops!).

Day 6

Breakfast: bowl of homemade muesli with oats, mixed nuts, mixed seeds, raisins, honey and rice milk.

Snack: 2 Clementines

Snack: 1 tablespoon of raisins (willpower was required to stop myself from eating more!)

Lunch: Rice and corn pasta with boiled vegetables (courgette, red pepper, peas and corn, onion, mixed herbs, black pepper).

Dinner: (tonight!) vegetable soup (leeks, celery, onion, carrot, peas, broccoli, sweet potato, mixed herbs, pepper).

Exercise

From the third day of being on this diet I have been a lot more motivated to exercise. Maybe it was to do with the fact that I lost a little weight early on? My energy levels seem to be more constant, which could be to do with the increased physical activity and the foods that I have been eating, not to mention the 6 + glasses of water I have been drinking daily. Being dehydrated makes you feel tired, so it makes sense that being hydrated gives you more energy! I have tried to vary my workouts so that I don’t get bored and have just done what I have felt like on the day, rather than forcing myself to do the toughest, longest workouts everyday that I feel will give me quicker results. If I don’t stick to it because I am being too ambitious, then I would not get any results! This has happened before! So, I think it is best to start of slowly and gradually build my way up.

Here is a rundown of the exercise I have done this week (minus walking)

Day 3

Step (in my room), 20 minutes

Day 4

Step and sculpt workout, 45 minutes (weight watchers video)

Day 5

Weight workout, 85 minutes (Karen Voight video)

Day 6

Aerobics, 45 minutes (weight watchers video).

Tomorrow I will do Pilates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home